The online landscape is filled with endless possibilities, but also some risks. Do you think you have what it takes to make it out there on the web?
People used to be hesitant to put their card details online to shop but now that’s a normal part of life. We receive financial statements in apps, there’s frequent email communication from our banks, and the New Payments Platform, enables real time payments using just details like our phone numbers or email.
With things evolving pretty fast, it’s super important to be savvy with how you manage your personal information online.
Complete our quiz to see how much you know when it comes to keeping your information safe.
1. Which of the following is a sign of a phishing email?
2. You’re online shopping and come across a site with great deals. Which of the following is the best sign to look for when you’re trying to tell if it is a secure place to use your details?
3. When can you use public Wi-Fi to do online shopping?
4. How many passwords do you have?
5. Have you ever downloaded an app from a non-legitimate source (ie not a reputable app store like Google Play or Apple App store etc)?
6. Which of the following personal information is safe to put on social media?
7. Have you ever accepted a social media connection request from someone you don’t know?
8. What is the first thing you should do if you think your identity has been stolen?
9. What is the best way to create a strong performing password?
10. Did you change the default password for your internet modem or router when you got it?
The information is current as at publication. Any advice on this website does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. Deposit products, savings products, credit card and home loan products are issued by ING, a business name of ING Bank (Australia) Limited ABN 24 000 893 292, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 229823. Living Super, a sub-plan of OneSuper ABN 43 905 581 638 is issued by Diversa Trustees Limited ABN 49 006 421 638, AFSL 235153 RSE L0000635. The insurance cover offered by Living Super is provided by Metlife Insurance Limited ABN 75 004 274 882, AFSL 238096. ING Insurance is issued by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited (AGIC) ABN 42 111 586 353 AFSL Licence No 285571 as insurer. It is distributed by Auto & General Services Pty Ltd (AGS) ABN 61 003 617 909 AFSL 241411 and by ING as an Authorised Representative AR 1247634 of AGS. All applications for credit are subject to ING's credit approval criteria, and fees and charges apply. You should consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, Terms and Conditions, Fees and Limits Schedule, Financial Services Guide, Key Facts Sheet and Credit Guide available at ing.com.au when deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold, a product. Before interacting with us via our social media platforms, please take a minute to familiarise yourself with our Social Media User Terms https://www.ing.com.au/pdf/Social_Media_User_Terms.pdf.