Your car is always there for you – from getting you where you need to go, to providing a soundproof place to practice your car-aoke skills. Don’t forget to show it a little TLC in return.
Keep your car in great condition for years to come
- Regularly service according to its log book.
- Clean it regularly – both inside and out.
- Check the tyre pressure once a month.
- Check for recalls on your car and its parts.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to an expert if there’s anything you’re unsure about.
- Drive defensively – it’s a zoo out there.
- Get the appropriate insurance to protect your car.
Regular servicing is even more important than you think
These days, car services involve up to 50 different system checks. That’s a lot to leave up to chance. And it’s not just a safety issue – regular servicing will prolong its lifespan too. Usually need to service once every year or as stipulated by the car manufacturer.
The future is putting safety first
At least when it comes to our roads, there’s a range of innovative technology to keep us safer behind the wheel.
- Lane keeping assistance will automatically shift your placement on the road if you start to veer out of your lane.
- Forward collision warning system uses radar, camera or laser sensors to detect imminent crashes, and prepares the driver by pre-charging brakes and tightening seat belts.
- Automatic parking systems will make reverse parking a breeze.
- Responsive headlights automatically adapt to road conditions.
- Voice control will enable drivers to check the nearest petrol station or play a song with a voice command, just like Alexa and Siri.
ING Car Insurance is issued by Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd ABN 42 111 586 353 AFSL 285571 as insurer. It is distributed by Auto & General Services Pty Ltd ABN 61 003 617 909 AFSL 241411 (AGS) and by ING Bank (Australia) Ltd ABN 24 000 893 292 as Authorised Representative 1247634 of AGS. ING is a business name of ING Bank (Australia) Ltd (ING).
The information is current as at publication. Any advice on this website does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. Deposit products, savings products, credit card and home loan products are issued by ING, a business name of ING Bank (Australia) Limited ABN 24 000 893 292, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 229823. ING Living Super (which is part of the ING Superannuation Fund ABN 13 355 603 448) is issued by Diversa Trustees Limited ABN 49 006 421 638, AFSL 235153 RSE L0000635. The insurance cover offered by ING Living Super is provided by Metlife Insurance Limited ABN 75 004 274 882, AFSL 238096. ING Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited (AGIC) ABN 42 111 586 353 AFSL Licence No 285571 as insurer. It is distributed by Auto & General Services Pty Ltd (AGS) ABN 61 003 617 909 AFSL 241411 and by ING as an Authorised Representative AR 1247634 of AGS. All applications for credit are subject to ING's credit approval criteria, and fees and charges apply. You should consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, Terms and Conditions, Fees and Limits Schedule, Financial Services Guide, Key Facts Sheet and Credit Guide available at ing.com.au when deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold, a product. Before interacting with us via our social media platforms, please take a minute to familiarise yourself with our Social Media User Terms https://www.ing.com.au/pdf/Social_Media_User_Terms.pdf.